[Az-Geocaching] Sony PDA

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 12:44:40 -0700

> Those that do use a PDA for geocaching, what do you use/recommend?  I
> had also been thinking about buying a PDA, but have never really used
> one very much.

Whatever model you buy, make sure it's readable in direct sunlight or you
won't take it caching for long. My Palm m515 works nicely in the Arizona
sunshine and it has enough memory to hold literally thousands of cache
descriptions (I use GPX2HTML and Plucker to load them into the PDA).
I saw a new Sony PDA while I was back east that had a screen that seemed as
though it would blow the my Palm model out of the water. But mine will do
the job for a long time (i.e., until I break it).
Steve
Team Tierra Buena