[Az-Geocaching] Re: Without "vacation" geocaches, some areas may never see a cache

Matlak, Bryan W listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:51:59 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C35132.5C8038F8

I can help with this one. I work in Chandler but I live in Tucson. I wouls
be more then happ to help out.

Bryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Casteel [mailto:bcasteel@cox.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 7:25 PM
To: az-geocaching@listserv.azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Re: Without "vacation" geocaches, some areas may
never see a cache

It's funny you say that.

While I was on vacation in Montana, I placed a total of 4 caches (one
archived because admin thought a REAL cache should go there), with 2 being
traditional caches (ammo cans) and the other a virtual.

My father-in-law said he would maintain them for me, and even picked out the
areas (he's hooked).  Billings, MT only had 5 caches prior to my arrival,
which is a shame considering the many great cache areas around town, each
with their own unique challenge.  If I had more time/money to plan, I'd have
dropped a dozen caches in town, and nown of them would have been altoids
tins under lightpoles, because there were so many locations to choose from.

I must say, the number of trees and the design of the neighborhoods was
unbelievable.  Even though most of the trip was nearly as warm as Phoenix,
it was a great vacation.  Beartooth Highway is a MUST-DRIVE for anyone in
the area.  Just make sure that the wildfires aren't pushing smoke into the
Shoshone National Forest area(s), because it really hid the beauty of the
mountains.  Fortunately, we made it through and stopped at all the various
scenic spots before the winds shifted.

The very first cache I visited, Black Otter Trail, had a TB inside that had
a goal to get to a cache within 20 miles of Tucson.  How ironic.  :)  It's
now 865 miles closer to that goal.  Hey Scott (MBH)...you planning a trip to
Phoenix anytime soon?

Brian
Team A.I.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C35132.5C8038F8

<HTML><HEAD>

<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><SPAN class=106585015-23072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>I can
help with this one. I work in Chandler but I live in Tucson. I wouls be more
then happ to help out.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=106585015-23072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=106585015-23072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Bryan</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Brian Casteel
  [mailto:bcasteel@cox.net]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, July 22, 2003 7:25
  PM<BR><B>To:</B> az-geocaching@listserv.azgeocaching.com<BR><B>Subject:</B>
  [Az-Geocaching] Re: Without "vacation" geocaches, some areas may never see a
  cache<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>It's funny you say that.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>While I was on vacation in Montana, I placed a
  total of 4 caches (one archived because admin thought a REAL cache should go
  there), with 2 being traditional caches (ammo cans) and the other a
  virtual.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>My father-in-law said he would maintain them for
  me, and even picked out the areas (he's hooked).&nbsp; Billings, MT only had 5
  caches prior to my arrival, which is a shame considering the many great cache
  areas around town, each with their own unique challenge.&nbsp; If I had more
  time/money to plan, I'd have dropped a dozen caches in town, and nown of them
  would have been altoids tins&nbsp;under lightpoles, because there were so
  many&nbsp;locations to choose from.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I must say, the number of trees and the design of
  the neighborhoods was unbelievable.&nbsp; Even though most of the trip was
  nearly as warm as Phoenix, it was a great vacation.&nbsp; Beartooth Highway is
  a MUST-DRIVE for anyone in the area.&nbsp; Just make sure that the wildfires
  aren't pushing smoke into the Shoshone National Forest area(s), because it
  really hid the beauty of the mountains.&nbsp; Fortunately, we made it through
  and stopped at all the various scenic spots before the winds
  shifted.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>The very first cache I visited, Black Otter
  Trail, had a TB inside that had a goal to get to a cache within 20 miles of
  Tucson.&nbsp; How ironic.&nbsp; :)&nbsp; It's now 865 miles closer to that
  goal.&nbsp; Hey Scott (MBH)...you planning a trip to Phoenix anytime
  soon?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Brian</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Team A.I.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C35132.5C8038F8--