[Az-Geocaching] Different types of Geocaching: I do all kinds of caches

Ken Akerman listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:48:15 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1488654000-1058917695=:4618

I do every cache that I can, ranging from 1/1 in difficulty to 5/5.  The caches that I enjoy the most are located in rural, desert, and mountainous areas and require some hiking and backcountry travel to get to.  For example, look at my list of found caches and see all the caches that I have done recently in the Prescott area.  These are my favorite caches.  However, I do all of the urban caches, except for a few of the puzzle ones that are not interesting to me.  I enjoy the diversity of geocaching.  I can get a few on my way home after work, or I can get away from the metropolitan area for a weekend and do a lot of them in the mountains and backcountry, traveling to remote places that I haven't visited before.

Hide and find whatever caches you like.  If you find a cache that is too difficult for you to get, then don't get it.  I would welcome a cache on the summit of K2 but I doubt that I would ever go out and find it.  That would be too difficult and too dangerous for me to find.

A cache in a rural or remote area doesn't have to be a difficult cache to reach.  One could place it a few feet off a road.  Many roads in the mountains have scenic overlooks, where motorists are encouraged to get out of their cars and look at the scenery.  Such places may provide good cache hiding spots within 100 feet of a parking spot.

Ken Akerman (a.k.a. Highpointer)

--0-1488654000-1058917695=:4618

<DIV>I do every cache that I can, ranging from 1/1 in difficulty to 5/5.&nbsp; The caches that I enjoy the most are located in rural, desert, and mountainous areas and require some hiking and backcountry travel to get to.&nbsp; For example, look at my list of found caches and see all the caches that I have done recently in the Prescott area.&nbsp; These are my favorite caches.&nbsp; However, I do all of the urban caches, except for a few of the puzzle ones that are not interesting to me.&nbsp; I enjoy the diversity of geocaching.&nbsp; I can get a few on my way home after work, or I can get away from the metropolitan area for a weekend and do a lot of them in the mountains and backcountry, traveling to remote places that I haven't visited before.</DIV>
<DIV><BR>Hide and find whatever caches you like.&nbsp; If you find a cache that is too difficult for you to get, then don't get it.&nbsp; I would welcome a cache&nbsp;on the summit of K2 but I doubt that I would ever go out and find it.&nbsp; That would be too difficult and too dangerous for me to find.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>A cache in a rural or remote area doesn't have to be a difficult cache to reach.&nbsp; One could place it a few feet off a road.&nbsp; Many roads in the mountains have scenic overlooks, where motorists are encouraged to get out of their cars and look at the scenery.&nbsp; Such places may provide good cache hiding spots within 100 feet of a parking spot.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Ken Akerman</STRONG> (a.k.a. <STRONG><EM>Highpointer</EM></STRONG>)</DIV>
--0-1488654000-1058917695=:4618--