[Az-Geocaching] Temp disable

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:27:11 -0700

> Why won't people set their caches to temp disable when the forest area
that
> the caches are in are closed?
In this case, Scott, there appears to be an answer. This is from the profile
page of the "Guy" who hid the cache:
==========
Biography:
Reading about geocaching in Wired magazine early in 2002--I found my first
cache shortly after. I try and find caches whenever I travel to other
locations including Lake Chelan, Washington; the other Washington (D.C.);
and Tucson at Christmas.
=========
He may not even know there IS a fire! This strikes me as a real good example
in favor of prohibiting "vacation" caches.
> Read the latest log from this cache.
I read it, and it's frighteningly familiar. Someone logged a cache last year
in the McDowell Sonoran Preserve up here. They also wrote that they saw the
"closed" sign but went in anyway. The Preserve commission was throwing that
log entry back at us the night they voted to prohibit caches in the
Preserve.
> I am the last person who wants to be a cache cop, for that matter I don't
> want anyone to be a cache cop, but at some point common sense should come
> into play.
You may not want to be a cache cop, but you may want to consider emailing
those loggers and asking them to edit their entry. It's something I regret
not having done last year.
Steve
Team Tierra Buena