[Az-Geocaching] Looking for Cache Recommendations around Mesa, AZ

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:43:03 -0700

> My GeoNick is The Yoyo Man from Woodstock, GA.  I'm planning a roadtrip
> to Mesa, AZ in the very near future.  I'm a bit overwhelmed by ALL the
> caches in the Phoenix metro area.  I was wondering if I might get some
> recommendations on Must-Do or Outstanding caches in Mesa and the
> surrounding area.
Tim,
While folks seem to have gotten caught up in your idea of creating "best-of"
lists, I didn't see anyone offering any specific responses to your first
question. Since I have a good friend who lives in Woodstock, and since I've
just returned from a trip to Atlanta which included some fun caching (mostly
inside the perimeter), I feel compelled to reply.
The problem is, I don't get down to Mesa for caching as often as I'd like
to, so I'm not the best-qualified in this regard. But if I had to pick one
of the caches I've done there, I'd vote for Jack's Fan
(http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC3A28). Nice hike
(though maybe not this time of year), great scenery, and an unusual saguaro
at the cache site.
Shameless self-promotion alert: If you're flying to Arizona (or anywhere
else, for that matter), hit our new virtual on your way into or out of
Hartsfield: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=80368
I'm sure you'll get some more suggestions soon from the other folks here.
Steve
Team Tierra Buena