[Az-Geocaching] Good Prescott Caches

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:43:15 -0700 (MST)

Steve,
The Geocaching Server seems to be down, so I am doing this off the top
of my head. If it comes up soon, I will get you the waypoints, etc.

Good caches w/o too much hiking, and relatively close to town, I would
recommend:

Near Watson Lake just north of town: "One of Seven" and "Post it to
the Peavine trail". (Bring a Postcard) It is a flat walking path along
the lake, One of Seven requires a little scramble at the end and total
round trip approx 2+ miles but easy. Post It is shorter walk.

N or town you can pick up a couple easy ones...micros "Pioneer
Parkway" and my very SMALL micro "Micro-Mini 01-02-03 cache", 1/3 easy
walk in and beautiful views.

NW of Prescott, there is "Skull Valley and Beyond", "Fox Cache" "DO
Over Cache"....all short hikes and nice areas.

W of Prescott there is "Prieta View" (about 1/2 mi RT) but gorgeous
view. If it is Thunderstorming, I'd stay off the muddy roads. Also
near by is "Cow Patty Peak" again about 1/2 mi RT, a little uphill but
worth the view.

(YOu didn't say if you are 4WD so I am avoiding those caches)

SW of Prescott there are "Baby Barrel Boulder" (short hike) and "Near
305" (no hike). Also out Copper Basin Rd there is my "Barnes and Nobel
it ain't" (book exchange....it's full I hear). Two of Seven starts
from there too but is a bit of a hike and bushwack.

Up Senator Hwy, you could try my "Spruce Wild Goose Chase" if the gate
is open, you can drive to the top and there is a fire lookout, Oscar
may allow you to go up depending on how busy he is. Great view, and
this was one of my first caches and has been in place 2 years. If gate
closed, it is 1/2 mile up hill on a road. Also out that way is my "All
that Glitters Isn't" which is a nice short hike around a lake.

In town, there is a tricky little micro "Don't Forget the S", plus a
couple virtuals downtown "Residency of Nobels" and "Dedication". Also,
"Acker Park" is nearby. If you want to spend some time you can do my
puzzle cache "P4" which includes and in-town micro "Aid Station
Cache". The kids might enjoy finding the clues but it will take you at
least an hour.

Off Walker Rd you can visit Lynx Lake and nab "Five of Seven" (VC),
and nearby is "Lynx Lake" short but beautiful hike, watch for snakes.

On your way in our out, be sure to pick up a couple easy urban-style
ones, my "Gateway Dash 01-02-03 Cache" and in Prescott Valley, "Visit
the Roundabout" and "PV TWin Lakes".

As far as stuff to do, There is Castle Golf between Prescott Valley
and Prescott, off Hwy 69...miniture golf, indy cars, video games etc.
The Harkins Theatres are in Prescott Valley also.

Hope that helps and the server is up in time for you to look up these
caches, and the weather holds!
Enjoy,
Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott