[Az-Geocaching] Cache contents Rant

GeoCacheCards.com listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:00:03 -0700

I am interested in the difference between caches here and the several I
found in California over the holiday weekend.  All 4 caches had the most
useless stuff in them.  Empty this, Used up that, candy wrappers...  I mean,
think of the cool things you could leave in a microcache...  pickup some old
micromachine cars/trucks at a yardsale, souvenir coins from tourist traps,
things of that nature.  I have a bunch of that kind of stuff in my garage,
which I was going to give to my nephews, but now I think I'll hang on to
them for cache items.  They are fun little items, would fit nicely in a
microcache.

I've seen a few references to the personalized cards here in this thread, so
I'll put in a plug for our website, www.GeoCacheCards.com where you can
order personalized (text and pictures) full color cards for leaving in
caches, or to stock in your own cache for visitors to take home with them as
a souvenir.

BTW, Caching had a little different "flavor" in California.  Not sure why...
I guess I'm just used to finding huge ammo cans in the desert with lots of
goodies in them, we weren't that fortunate this last round in Fresno and
Sacramento.  The caching population is HUGE there though.  2800 caches in a
100 mile radius in Sacramento!

- Farns
Mesa