[Az-Geocaching] Cache contents Rant

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 08 Jul 2003 12:52:35 -0700 (MST)

IMHO: Personalized items such as special keychains, signature items
(more than just a card) are not junk. They are fun to collect and have
personal meaning for our geocaching family. I am proud to have one of
SandDollar's items, for example.
Sometimes I leave YCJP buttons in caches, those seem to have been
popular. While not "worth" much monetarily, they have intrinsic worth
and value if somebody wants to keep it.
Of course, variety is nice, never hurts to vary the routine sometimes
and sometimes leave "good" items instead of or in addition to a
personal one.
Geez, I gotta get off the computer and get some house work done!
Trisha

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 12:36:23 -0700, Scott Wood wrote:

> At 12:14 PM 7/8/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>

> >The previous "rant" has been the product of boredom, and pent-up
> >frustration about "devolved" caches, and a good dose of wanna-be
> >scientist. ha ha ha. Please read with a bit of humor (and truth) in
> >mind.
>
> I have given a lot of thought to this on and off for some time.  I
> want to
> take things a little further.  As someone who now leaves
personalized
> signature items, am I doing my fair share?  Before we had out TMBH
> keychains made we tried to leave good items in caches.  If we came
> across a
> cache that had what we considered junk, or was all but empty we would
> leave
> multiple different items out of our cache bag.  After we got the
TMBH