[Az-Geocaching] Re: [Az-Geocaching]Fireworks in Prescott

Gale Draper listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 22:57:37 -0700 (PDT)

--0-186330580-1057471057=:17230

I hope they undo the ban. That water fight was so much fun, even if you were only watching and not participating. The walls of water between two vehicles side by side were so fun to watch...but I suppose in the drought it isn't a good idea. For those who never saw the water fight, you have no idea what you missed. It was more than just a supersoaker and water balloon water fight. People used hoses, buckets of water, something that looked like a baseball bat and squirted water.

John Kleist <kleist@cableone.net> wrote:Gale
Trisha is incorrect about the water wars and a dry zone they only tried
that one year.But yes they are banned now by city ordinance.Dont really
think that will last to long though, once the business owners realize how
much money they lose from the people who that was one of the big reasons
they came up.
John
TEAM BUBBA
----- Original Message -----
From: "Trisha"

Sent: Friday, July 04, 2003 10:02 PM
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Re: [Az-Geocaching]Fireworks in Prescott

> [...]
> with the simulcast music (radio) on and really enjoyed the fireworks
> filling the sky. Sounds like we need to have an event cache
> (read:party/BBQ) next year for those who want to escape the heat and
> crowds and still see a decent display. It's nowhere as big as the
> Phoenix ones, but it was the largest in Northern AZ due to a $10,000
> donation (to add to the $$ the city had) from the Fain family.
>
> ALL personal fireworks are banned. The large displays are able to be
> cancelled if weather is bad, it is up to the fire dept.
>
> Hmmm....re-reading, I'm not sure if you were asking if the fireworks
> or the water wars were banned! The water wars, as far as I know, still
> go on, but there is a "dry zone" around the Courthouse area, to allow
> people to enjoy the courthouse square without gettting hit (and hurt)
> by flying water balloons.
>
> It's a gorgeous night tonight! Nice and cool...
> Trisha "Lightning"
> Prescott (Valley)
>

> On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 19:03:14 -0700 (PDT), Gale Draper wrote:
>
> I think we're going to go to MCC like usual, except for last year when
> the fireworks were a little too near our house. Waterlily, you could
> have had an event cache at your place so we could see the
> fireworks.........(just kidding)
>
> We used to go to Prescott, where my folks live, to see the fireworks,
> then play in that huge waterfight. I miss doing that. Trisha, is it
> really banned, or is that just something the city says to keep us
> out-of-towners away?xWaterLilyx wrote:
>
> That's the one thing I love about my apartment, I geta view of the
> whole northeast valley. No crowds, notraffic, and we get to see around
> 15 fireworks showsfrom all over the valley, including one from a
> nearbypark where we can hear as well as see the fireworks! =-) ---
> Scott Wood wrote:> At 01:09 PM 7/4/2003 -0700, you wrote:> > >P.S.
> Don't stop along Loop 202 to watch the Tempe> Town Lake fireworks >
> >tonight. My officers REALLY don't like that, and> they'll let you >
> >know. Plus, it's simply dumb and unsafe. :)> > We went over to a
> local park last night that is very> near the area that > they launch
> the fireworks for the Tucson Electric> Park shows. There were a > few
> hundred people there already and one cop car in>!
> the
> park. A little > later a second cop car comes though the park with>
> his lights on telling > people that they are not allowed to be in a
> city> park. Of course a lot of > people packed up and left but Ann and
> I stuck around> awhile. I saw the > second car pull up to the first
> and they talked for> a little while. The > second car soon came back
> and started telling people> that he was wrong and > his supervisor
> told him that he had to tell everyone> that they were welcome > in a
> city park to watch the fireworks. Of course at> this point a lot of >
> people had left and we had a great view of the show.> > Only in

http://www.geocities.com/xwaterlilyxrtf__________________________________Do
you Yahoo!?SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per

month!http://sbc.yahoo.com__________________________________________________

's Geocaching Resourcehttp://www.azgeocaching.com
> Do you Yahoo!?

--0-186330580-1057471057=:17230

<DIV>I hope they undo the ban. That water fight was so much fun, even if you were only watching and not participating. The walls of water between two vehicles side by side were so fun to watch...but I suppose in the drought it isn't a good idea. For those who never saw the water fight, you have no idea what you missed. It was more than just a supersoaker and water balloon water fight. People used hoses, buckets of water, something that looked like a baseball bat and squirted water.<BR><BR><B><I>John Kleist &lt;kleist@cableone.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; WIDTH: 100%">Gale<BR>Trisha is incorrect about the water wars and a dry zone they only tried<BR>that one year.But yes they are banned now by city ordinance.Dont really<BR>think that will last to long though, once the business owners realize how<BR>much money they lose from the people who that was one of the big reasons<BR>they came up.<BR>John<BR>TEAM BUBBA<BR>----- Original Message ----- <BR>From: "Trisha" <TRISHA@BRASHER.COM><BR>To: <LISTSERV@AZGEOCACHING.COM><BR>Sent: Friday, July 04, 2003 10:02 PM<BR>Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Re: [Az-Geocaching]Fireworks in Prescott<BR><BR><BR>&gt; Gale,<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; The City of Prescott had a fireworks display, shot off from Pioneer<BR>&gt; Park north of town instead of the High School (private property issues<BR>&gt; I think). Chino Valley had a display, and Prescott Valley, where we<BR>&gt; live, had a very nice 25 minute display from Mountain Valley
 Park,<BR>&gt; which happens to be 1/2 mile from our house. We sat on our back porch<BR>&gt; with the simulcast music (radio) on and really enjoyed the fireworks<BR>&gt; filling the sky. Sounds like we need to have an event cache<BR>&gt; (read:party/BBQ) next year for those who want to escape the heat and<BR>&gt; crowds and still see a decent display. It's nowhere as big as the<BR>&gt; Phoenix ones, but it was the largest in Northern AZ due to a $10,000<BR>&gt; donation (to add to the $$ the city had) from the Fain family.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; ALL personal fireworks are banned. The large displays are able to be<BR>&gt; cancelled if weather is bad, it is up to the fire dept.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Hmmm....re-reading, I'm not sure if you were asking if the fireworks<BR>&gt; or the water wars were banned! The water wars, as far as I know, still<BR>&gt; go on, but there is a "dry zone" around the Courthouse area, to allow<BR>&gt; people to enjoy the courthouse square without gettting hit (and
 hurt)<BR>&gt; by flying water balloons.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; It's a gorgeous night tonight! Nice and cool...<BR>&gt; Trisha "Lightning"<BR>&gt; Prescott (Valley)<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 19:03:14 -0700 (PDT), Gale Draper wrote:<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; I think we're going to go to MCC like usual, except for last year when<BR>&gt; the fireworks were a little too near our house. Waterlily, you could<BR>&gt; have had an event cache at your place so we could see the<BR>&gt; fireworks.........(just kidding)<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; We used to go to Prescott, where my folks live, to see the fireworks,<BR>&gt; then play in that huge waterfight. I miss doing that. Trisha, is it<BR>&gt; really banned, or is that just something the city says to keep us<BR>&gt; out-of-towners away?xWaterLilyx <XWATERLILYXRTF@YAHOO.COM>wrote:<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; That's the one thing I love about my apartment, I geta view of the<BR>&gt; whole northeast valley. No crowds, notraffic, and we get to see
 around<BR>&gt; 15 fireworks showsfrom all over the valley, including one from a<BR>&gt; nearbypark where we can hear as well as see the fireworks! =-) ---<BR>&gt; Scott Wood wrote:&gt; At 01:09 PM 7/4/2003 -0700, you wrote:&gt; &gt; &gt;P.S.<BR>&gt; Don't stop along Loop 202 to watch the Tempe&gt; Town Lake fireworks &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;tonight. My officers REALLY don't like that, and&gt; they'll let you &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;know. Plus, it's simply dumb and unsafe. :)&gt; &gt; We went over to a<BR>&gt; local park last night that is very&gt; near the area that &gt; they launch<BR>&gt; the fireworks for the Tucson Electric&gt; Park shows. There were a &gt; few<BR>&gt; hundred people there already and one cop car in&gt;!<BR>&gt; the<BR>&gt; park. A little &gt; later a second cop car comes though the park with&gt;<BR>&gt; his lights on telling &gt; people that they are not allowed to be in a<BR>&gt; city&gt; park. Of course a lot of &gt; people packed up and left but Ann and<BR>&gt; I stuck
 around&gt; awhile. I saw the &gt; second car pull up to the first<BR>&gt; and they talked for&gt; a little while. The &gt; second car soon came back<BR>&gt; and started telling people&gt; that he was wrong and &gt; his supervisor<BR>&gt; told him that he had to tell everyone&gt; that they were welcome &gt; in a<BR>&gt; city park to watch the fireworks. Of course at&gt; this point a lot of &gt;<BR>&gt; people had left and we had a great view of the show.&gt; &gt; Only in<BR>&gt; Tucson. :-)&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Scott&gt; &gt; scott@myblueheaven.com&gt;<BR>&gt; www.myblueheaven.com&gt; =====xWaterLilyx &amp; RTFTeam H20Phoenix, AZ<BR>&gt; (Ahwatukee)Geocaching Site:<BR>&gt;<BR>http://www.geocities.com/xwaterlilyxrtf__________________________________Do<BR>you Yahoo!?SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per<BR>&gt;<BR>month!http://sbc.yahoo.com__________________________________________________<BR>__________Az-Geocaching mailing list listserv@azgeocaching.comTo<BR>&gt; edit your setting,
 subscribe or unsubscribe<BR>&gt;<BR>visit:http://listserv.azgeocaching.com/mailman/listinfo/az-geocachingArizona<BR>'s Geocaching Resourcehttp://www.azgeocaching.com<BR>&gt; Do you Yahoo!?<BR>&gt; SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!<BR>&gt; ____________________________________________________________<BR>&gt; Az-Geocaching mailing list listserv@azgeocaching.com<BR>&gt; To edit your setting, subscribe or unsubscribe visit:<BR>&gt; http://listserv.azgeocaching.com/mailman/listinfo/az-geocaching<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Arizona's Geocaching Resource<BR>&gt; http://www.azgeocaching.com<BR><BR>____________________________________________________________<BR>Az-Geocaching mailing list listserv@azgeocaching.com<BR>To edit your setting, subscribe or unsubscribe visit:<BR>http://listserv.azgeocaching.com/mailman/listinfo/az-geocaching<BR><BR>Arizona's Geocaching Resource<BR>http://www.azgeocaching.com</BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-186330580-1057471057=:17230--