[Az-Geocaching] Drought and forests

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 01 Jul 2003 22:28:00 -0700

At 07:08 PM 7/1/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Well, c'mon up here, Scott, the Prescott Nat'l Forest is open,
>UNFORTUNATELY. The Jeep Posse will be assisting the Forest Service to
>try and keep the idiots from burning down the forest and maybe
>Prescott itself.

Actually that is something that we have talked about.  I love that whole
part of the state, all the way though the White Mountains.  I could see
myself living there pretty easily.

>Moving out of AZ is always an option, Scott, but be sure to carefully
>research any area you might consider moving to, AZ is not the only
>place prone (in cycles) to drought and therefore big fires, and other
>places have:

That is true also, but I guess as I am starting to get a little older I am
feeling the need to be close to my family again.  I had a long talk with my
father this weekend and he made the comment about how nice it would be if
we lived closer to them again so that we could go hunting, fishing and
camping together again before he got to old to do it.  That really sort of
got to me, and then when they announced the closures this morning, it
really got me thinking.  The truth is that this drought is not going to let
up for some time, at least according to the weather service, and each and
every summer here only looks like it is going to get worse.

>Az isn't so bad when you look elsewhere....carefully.

I think the answer is to become a snow bird.  I do like golfing in
December. :-)

Scott

scott@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com