[Az-Geocaching] Drought and forests

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 01 Jul 2003 22:20:02 -0700

At 06:28 PM 7/1/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm sorry you feel that way, but what do you expect them to do? It's not
>like they have any control over the drought. Closing the forests is about
>the only thing they can do. Even if you could guarantee you wouldn't start
>a fire, if one happens then they have to spend manpower and money to get
>you out. Given budget crises in this state, that's tax money they don't
>have to spare. I've lived here for 33 years, it's a part of Arizona life.
>It's just gotten worse because of the drought situation.

How about telling people that they are going to close it weeks before a
major holiday weekend.  Why the need to wait until just a couple days
before the holiday when people have plans?

You are correct about it being part of Arizona life, it is just that I am
having more and more trouble tolerating that life.

Scott

scott@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com