[Az-Geocaching] Mega Magnets

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:54:02 -0700

They aren't kidding about huring yourself with magnets.  I've taken
apart a ton of hard drives in my time, and if you start playing with a
couple of those magnets it is very easy to slip and get a blood blister
or a cut.
Another thing that happens that you don't really think about is when you
do drop these magnets and the shatter (they are actually made of some
kind of ceramic material), often times a little razor sharp piece will
break off an get repelled from the magnet with the same incedible force
that they stick to things with, and can fly out at and cut you.  I've
had this happen twice now.  Luckily they have never been anywhere near
my eye.
Please don't let kids play with any of these magnets if you purchase any.
With that said, I've seen what comes in the grab bag of magnets from
wondermagnet, and it is definitely worth it.  They are very good about
filling reasonable requests for the grab bag as well.

Brian Cluff