[Az-Geocaching] For the gods first, then anyone else

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 09:23:06 -0700

Regan Smith wrote:

> What would happen if a cacher was to log more than 1 find on the same
> cache?

I believe the stats would count it, no problem.  We had to leave it
counting multiple finds because of caches that can move and literally be
found more than once.  Finding your own cache is what causes the stats
to start subtracting.  Although Jason has a legitimate find out our
Fremont Saddle cache, because someone decided to play a joke on us and
moved it from it's origional hiding place.
I just wish the site could figure out easily the people that place a
cache together and then the team that isn't the one that logged in to
input the cache on the site claims a find on the cache.  I've quite a
few examples of that, and I still don't under stand how they can claim a
"find" on something that was never "lost" to them. :)

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek