[Az-Geocaching] Re: [Az-Geocaching] Someone on this list has a virus - Please read for more info

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:58:51 -0700

Hotmail shouldn't be affected by viri,  Most viri these days require
outlook or outlook express to spread.  Then they spread by sending
themselves to everyone in your address book. and then everyone in those
peoples address books and on and on.  Everyone eventually has ties to
everyone.
So anyway, if you using web based e-mail your computer doesn't even know
you have an address book, so you should be fairly immune as long as you
don't download and run any attachments that you don't recognize, or any
attachments from people you DO recognize, but the message sounds funny,
or unexpected, or ONLY has an attachment with not message.

and you can always run Linux and just be done with the whole virus thing
altogether :)

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek