[Az-Geocaching] Re: Susperstition caches

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:30:17 -0700

This message is old, but my life has been interesting lately, so I'm
just not getting around to replying to it. :)

Scott Sparks wrote:
> I've seen one group of well-intentioned cub scouts or a
> single Sherrif's Posse on horseback do more damage to the wilderness in
> a day that a whole herd of geo-cachers could do in a year. (Do
> geo-cachers travel in herds? :-) )

Herd of buffalo
Gaggle of geese
Murder of crows
Flock of birds
Ordinate of geocachers (sounds logical to me based on the following
definitions)

From: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)

Ordinate \Or"di*nate\, a. [L. ordinatus, p. p. of ordinare. See
    Ordain.]
    Well-ordered; orderly; regular; methodical. ``A life blissful
    and ordinate.'' --Chaucer.

Ordinate \Or"di*nate\, n. (Geom.)
    The distance of any point in a curve or a straight line,
    measured on a line called the axis of ordinates or on a line
    parallel to it, from another line called the axis of
    abscissas, on which the corresponding abscissa of the point
    is measured.

    Note: The ordinate and abscissa, taken together, are called
          co["o]rdinates, and define the position of the point
          with reference to the two axes named, the intersection
          of which is called the origin of co["o]rdinates. See
          Coordinate.

There is also:
School of fish
colony of rats