[Az-Geocaching] My Heart is Breaking

Sun, 26 Jan 2003 20:23:04 -0800 (PST)

Steve,
You probably know now it was a small plane crash. Pray for the
occupants, families and the fire is put out soon.
Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003, "Team Tierra Buena" wrote:

Message

Sunday, 8:45
PM

Many of you know
that Judi and I live in Scottsdale, at the foot of the McDowells. My
neighbor
just called me outside. One of the mountaintops in the Preserve is
burning. The
entire peak is in flames. It's serious.

In the dark, I
can't be certain which one it is. It's too far north to be Thompson
Peak (I
think), but it might be McDowell Peak. One thing I don't know ,
because I've
never even thought about trying for it, is which peak the "Lost Ark"
cache is
on. I hope it's not on the peak that's burning, but if it is, I sure
as hell
hope it wasn't some cacher up there who started this fire.

I'm close to tears
and hoping against hope that this started naturally. Even if that's
the case.
this is a sad night for us.

Steve
Team Tierra