Fw: [Az-Geocaching] cache for trash (had to edit )

Ben Dilcher listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 18:32:59 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C2C569.5A659580

From: Ben Dilcher
Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2003 5:20 PM
To: Azgaocaching
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] cache for trash

  When out in the forest or dessert I seem to pick up a lot of trash.  I =
bet you all do the same.  If you don't shame on you!  I am going to start=
 posting in my logs just how much trash I picked up on my geocaching adve=
ntures into the great out doors.   I bet if others do this we will start =
to get a better name for ourselves.  Today I was in the Migus Mtn area an=
d picked up 1 plastic shopping bag of trash and hauled it out.  I seen ab=
out 15 other people in the 9 or 10 miles of dirt roads that I tooled arou=
nd on today.  If every one of those people where geocachers and picked up=
 1 bag of trash, could you imagine how nice the forest would be?

  This is just a thought that could help out and make us all better peopl=
e.  Not to mention how much it would help the future of geocaching.  If a=
 forest official or anyone for that matter where to visit the site and se=
e what geocachers are doing to help then I feel we would have more suppor=
t.  =20

  The forest service also has an Adopt A Site program that I thought some=
 of us could get involved in.  I don't know all the rules to it but it so=
unds like a good way to meet other geocachers and get good publicity.  If=
 anyone is interested please check with your local forest officials to ge=
t further info.  I think it would make a neat geocachers rendezvous.

   Thanks =20
        Ben Dilcher and family  (a.k.a. TEAM WILLYS)

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C2C569.5A659580

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <=
DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5=
px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">=
 <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial">----- Original Message -----</DIV> <DIV =
style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt Arial; COLOR: black"><B>From:</B=
> Ben Dilcher</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, =
January 26, 2003 5:20 PM</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>To:</B>=
 Azgaocaching</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Az-G=
eocaching] cache for trash</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp; When out i=
n the forest or dessert I seem to pick up a lot of trash.&nbsp; I bet you=
 all do the same.&nbsp; If you don't shame on you!&nbsp; I am going to st=
art posting in my logs just how much trash I picked up on my geocaching a=
dventures into the great out doors.&nbsp;&nbsp; I bet if others do this w=
e will start to get a better name for ourselves.&nbsp; Today I was in the=
 Migus Mtn area and picked up 1 plastic shopping bag of trash and hauled =
it out.&nbsp; I seen about 15 other people in the 9 or 10 miles of dirt r=
oads that I tooled around on today.&nbsp; If every one of those people wh=
ere geocachers and picked up 1 bag of trash, could you imagine how nice t=
he forest would be?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;=
 This is just a thought that could help out and make us all better people=
.&nbsp; Not to mention how much it would help the future of geocaching.&n=
bsp; If a forest official or anyone for that matter where to visit the si=
te and see what geocachers are doing to help then I feel we would have mo=
re support.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp; The forest service=
 also has an Adopt A Site program that I thought some of us could get inv=
olved in.&nbsp; I don't know all the rules to it but it sounds like a goo=
d way to meet other geocachers and get good publicity.&nbsp; If anyone is=
 interested please check with your local forest officials to get further =
info.&nbsp; I think it would make a neat geocachers rendezvous.<BR><BR>&n=
bsp;&nbsp; Thanks </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Ben Dilcher and family&nbsp; (a.k.a. TEAM WILLYS)</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BOD=