[Az-Geocaching] Re: National Forest

xWaterLilyx listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:36:43 -0800 (PST)

> --- Ken <kenh199@cox.net> wrote:
> > Just an idea.. I was out in one of our national
> > forests last weekend and
> > came across an abandoned junked car that has
> > obviously been there for many
> > years. I was thinking of placing a cache in the
> > trunk of the car to see if
> > the USFS removes just the cache or the car? I'm
> sure
> > that many of you here
> > know of similar spots on USFS land that could be
> > cleaned up. Maybe we should
> > start hiding some caches on these "scenic" spots
> > see what they do when
> > they get there ;)

-- I know this is most likely a joking matter and etc.
 But with all the talk lately about caching and park
officals I'm going to respond to this in a half
hearted serious mode. --

I think it would be far wiser to just make a note of
the location of the car or any other spot that needed
serious attention and stop by the ranger station on
your way out of the park.  To let them know exactly
where you found it while you were out geocaching.
Proving that geocachers are an asset to the parks by
helping them keep their areas clean of the real trash
left behind!

I've seen it mentioned before that some people do
this, save a waypoint and then let the officals know
where the problem is.  It's the far better solution to
proving we are the asset and not the problem.

=====
xWaterLilyx & RTF
Team H20
Phoenix, AZ (Ahwatukee)