[Az-Geocaching] Yeah, but.....

Jerry Nelson listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:35:38 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_006E_01C2C38B.F43241C0

The thoughts below are natural reactions.  And if they come from a =
fellow cacher, can you imagine what someone who has never participated =
thinks if they read this thread.  We must all look like a bunch of =
juveniles. =20

But caching is an extremely low impact hobby that can be enjoyed by =
whole families and solo participants alike.  If public use of Forest =
land is allowed at all, I can think of almost nothing as land and people =
friendly as this. Of course National Forest managers have the right to =
manage.  That's their job description.  It just seems that there are a =
lot of more destructive economic and recreational activities that are, =
for some reason, allowed to continue.

Caching is fun.  I enjoy it.  I enjoy it a lot. I'm not damaging or =
destroying anything.  I just hike.  I like to hike.  A cache along the =
way adds to the fun.  If I'm not looking for it I would never see it.  =
I'm not talking about designated wilderness areas.  They need to be held =
to a higher standard.=20

It's silly, I know it.  But darn it, it's FUN.  It doesn't hurt =
anything.......(I'll continue this mumbling ramble on my own)

Jerry
Offtrail =20

----- Original Message -----=20