[Az-Geocaching] National Forests

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 15:58:59 -0700

> Is the environment in danger from us....  The numbers sure say no.

And thanks again for making those numbers available for us, Brian.

> I think we need to get an exception in for geocaching, so that they
> won't be considered abandoned property.

I think that's what we're trying to do, but if this is really coming
down from above the Ranger District Office, then we probably have to
start with our elected officials, as others have already suggested.

> The ranchers that
> leave their
> cattle on the land don't seem to get them confiscated for
> abandoning them.

I'm a city kid from the east, I could be SO wrong about this, but don't
the ranchers pay a leasing fee to the gummint so their critters can
leave their meadow muffins wherever they fall? Are you willing to pay to
buy a permit to hide a cache? How much?

(Maybe we should start to refer to cache as
> cows.  That way we can have
> statements like "I tried to pet that nice cow you were
> telling me about,
> but I couldn't find it.", or "Found the cow, it's in great condition,
> but the pencil inside of it needs sharpening.")

That's funny! Gives a whole new spelling to the business phrase "cash
cow". Now it's "cache cow".

Steve
Team Tierra Buena