[Az-Geocaching] Superstition Caches

mike and gale jett listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 20:00:43 +0000

<P>Just my thoughts ...</P>
<P>I learned a long time ago that it is possible to change my corner of the world if you know the right buttons to push. If geocachers are getting kicked out of the national forests, and the mandate is coming from high up, then we need to go high up. Perhaps we need to contact our US Congressmen and get their help. Believe me, it works. Nothing scares government agencies more than a congressional inquiry. I know, I've worked for 3 different government organizations. I must emphasize the need to be calm, nice and intelligent if we contact our congressmen. If any of you are veterans, especially if you were in a&nbsp;war, &nbsp;state so. Veterans are high priorities for our congressmen. The best way to contact them is <A href="http://www.congress.org">www.congress.org</A> enter in your zip code and it gives you the information you need. I recommend both Senators McCain and Kyl as well as whomever your representative is. Some are more helpful than others. Contacting all three gives us a better chance of being heard and listened to. Of course having all of our information correct is important. TTB, would it be possible for you to contact your ranger contact and find out what exactly is going on before anyone contacts their congressmen?</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gale (Desert Viking)<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "Team Tierra Buena" <TEAMTIERRABUENA@EARTHLINK.NET>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Reply-To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: <LISTSERV@AZGEOCACHING.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Superstition Caches
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:39:06 -0700
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; Steve, does this mean the Feb. 2 event is cancelled?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I haven't heard anything from Ranger Wood one way or the other. He was
<DIV></DIV>&gt;at the land managers' meeting on the 14th and said nothing to me about
<DIV></DIV>&gt;this, so if the confiscation of caches is in fact coming from higher
<DIV></DIV>&gt;than a Ranger District level, it may well have come down within the past
<DIV></DIV>&gt;week.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I've only met Ranger Wood at the two meetings and spoken with him on the
<DIV></DIV>&gt;phone once or twice, so I can't say I know him well. But he did state
<DIV></DIV>&gt;at the meeting last year he "welcomed" geocaching (except in designated
<DIV></DIV>&gt;wilderness areas), so I would like to think if there's anyone within the
<DIV></DIV>&gt;USFS we can work with, it would be he.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;If someone were to put a gun to my head and ask me to guess, I'd be
<DIV></DIV>&gt;surprised if he would initiate canceling the training, and I think we
<DIV></DIV>&gt;should plan on attending unless my guess proves wrong. I think Ranger
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Wood wants to educate anyone who is willing to learn.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I also had been thinking that we could use some time during the day as
<DIV></DIV>&gt;an opportunity to find out exactly what is going on, at least from his
<DIV></DIV>&gt;point of view. Part of me doesn't want to wait the ten days; on the
<DIV></DIV>&gt;other hand I learned a long time ago to shy away from asking questions
<DIV></DIV>&gt;that I might not want to hear the answers to.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Steve
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Team Tierra Buena
<DIV></DIV>&gt;"This is the sort of English up with which I will not put." -- Winston
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Churchill
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To edit your setting, subscribe or unsubscribe visit: