[Az-Geocaching] Superstition Caches

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:39:06 -0700

> Steve, does this mean the Feb. 2 event is cancelled?

I haven't heard anything from Ranger Wood one way or the other. He was
at the land managers' meeting on the 14th and said nothing to me about
this, so if the confiscation of caches is in fact coming from higher
than a Ranger District level, it may well have come down within the past
week.

I've only met Ranger Wood at the two meetings and spoken with him on the
phone  once or twice, so I can't say I know him well. But he did state
at the meeting last year he "welcomed" geocaching (except in designated
wilderness areas), so I would like to think if there's anyone within the
USFS we can work with, it would be he.

If someone were to put a gun to my head and ask me to guess, I'd be
surprised if he would initiate canceling the training, and I think we
should plan on attending unless my guess proves wrong. I think Ranger
Wood wants to educate anyone who is willing to learn.

I also had been thinking that we could use some time during the day as
an opportunity to find out exactly what is going on, at least from his
point of view. Part of me doesn't want to wait the ten days; on the
other hand I learned a long time ago to shy away from asking questions
that I might not want to hear the answers to.

Steve
Team Tierra Buena
"This is the sort of English up with which I will not put." -- Winston
Churchill