[Az-Geocaching] Superstition Caches

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 19:53:18 -0700

At 06:31 PM 1/22/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>Looks to me like Jeremy and volunteers at Geocaching.com better get off
>their high-horse about  "Lame Virtual Caches"...(not my favorite either),
>message that I got today was that was all that would be acceptable in Forest
>Service Land...and even if they do allow some at some future date, they
>would be severely restricted.

This is really troubling news.  I have been reading this thread with
interest, and frankly was worried that it might come to this at some
point.  It is bad enough that we lost the use of the national forests this
last summer, even though I can understand the reason, but if we lose the
ability to hide caches on what is required by law to be multi-purpose land,
it will limit this game enough that I wonder if it will survive?  I know
that if the Coronado follows suit, which wouldn't surprise me, then the
caches that I enjoy finding will no longer be there and I doubt that I will
continue with this activity.

Just some thoughts.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven