[Az-Geocaching] Cache Karma

kevin listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 17:10:54 -0700

I have been sitting back and reading all of the remarks about Cache
Karma for a week now. I am new to the list server, Lincoln told me about
this site a couple of weeks ago. And in that time I have gone over
hundreds if not thousands of messages posted. As of this morning I have
42 finds and 4 working on 5 hidden 3 of the 5 are virtual Caches having
to do with History in the area. And that leads me to Karma. I believe in
Karma, I never leave even a penny on the ground, Karma says that if I do
I will need it someday and it will not be available. I was thinking this
morning about that as I was driving my old Isuzu Trooper to the Chimney
Cache. I thought, if I put out to many Caches would bad things befall
me? If I keep in the ratio would good things happen? If that were the
case I have already done my Karma harm. I made it to the Cache without
incident which is good since there is a rather tough 300'+ climb to the
Cache and I did not have my canes. I have a few physical issues that do
not allow me to just climb to the top of a hill as many of you can.
Armed with the knowledge of the ages that my Karma is in alignment with
the universe I headed out to place my 5th cache. I approached the 1st of
4 gates to leave; opening the gate I pulled my Trooper into the corral
and got out to close the gate behind me. As I turned to return to the
truck I was headed off by a rather angry young bull. After 2 trips
around the truck I was able to get in without being gored. Reaching the
2nd gate I opened it without incident, pulled thru the gate, set the
Ebrake, made sure the bull was no where to be found and proceeded to
close the gate. Only to find the Ebrake failed and the Trooper was
heading down the road without me. A few hundred yards later and a few
minutes of recuperation from chasing the truck while laughing so hard my
side hurt I came to the realization that, my world is no longer in
alignment and my Karma is tilted like a bad pinball machine. To make my
Karma better I just have to keep telling myself,
It is just a game!
Kevin
TeamAzona