[Az-Geocaching] RE: Cache Karma/Cache removals

RAND HARDIN listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 18:57:24 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0003_01C2BF23.6FE90D20

On 1/18/03 Jim with "Team 8 Feet" wrote:
).Not in reality.  I think there is a bug in the ratio thing.  First, to =20
your point of 128 finds with one hide and having positive cache karma, =20
look at RandMan, currently 43th in the list (when you click on the team =20
stats link and don't resort the list).  He has 129 found in AZ with 1 =20
hide, and his karma is -64.2.  (Not picking on RandMan, but I needed an =20
easy datapoint =20
 =20
Until today I didn't know anything about cache karma (even though I frequ=
ent the AZGeocaching site).  Thanks Jim for using me as an example - now =
I know where I stand! [:)]   Hopefully within the next week I will be abl=
e to place my second cache (which I've had ready for about a month - but =
haven't been well enough to go out and hunt for a good spot).  Once I pla=
ce my second cache then my "guilt" ratio will be accurate! [;)]

I just read AZSaluki's post about the caches that were removed from the M=
esa/Superstition Wilderness area by rangers.  I can't help but wonder how=
 long it's going to take for this removing of caches to grow to other are=
as!?

Rand Hardin (RandMan)  =20
 =20
 =20

------=_NextPart_001_0003_01C2BF23.6FE90D20

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV><U>On 1/18/03 =
Jim with "Team 8 Feet" wrote</U>:<BR>).Not in reality.&nbsp; I think ther=
e is a bug in the ratio thing.&nbsp; First, to <BR>your point of 128 find=
s with one hide and having positive cache karma, <BR>look at RandMan, cur=
rently 43th in the list (when you click on the team <BR>stats link and do=
n't resort the list).&nbsp; He has 129 found in AZ with 1 <BR>hide, and h=
is karma is -64.2.&nbsp; (Not picking on RandMan, but I needed an <BR>eas=
y datapoint&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Until&nbsp;today I&nbsp;di=
dn't know anything about cache karma (even though I frequent the AZGeocac=
hing site).&nbsp; Thanks Jim for using me as an example - now I&nbsp;know=
 where I stand! [:)]&nbsp;&nbsp; Hopefully within the next week I will be=
 able to place my second cache (which I've had ready for about a month - =
but haven't been well enough&nbsp;to go out and&nbsp;hunt for&nbsp;a good=
 spot).&nbsp; Once I place my second cache then my "guilt"&nbsp;ratio wil=
l be accurate! [;)]</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I just read AZSaluki's p=
ost about the caches that were removed from the Mesa/Superstition Wildern=
ess area by rangers.&nbsp; I can't help but wonder how long it's going to=
 take for this removing of caches to grow to other areas!?</DIV> <DIV>&nb=
sp;</DIV> <DIV>Rand Hardin (RandMan)&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> =
<DIV>&nbsp;<BR><BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0003_01C2BF23.6FE90D20--