[Az-Geocaching] If You don't Have a PDA...

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:09:31 -0700

> The only way to use a GPS with a Palm (that I have seen) is
> to buy the combo
> GPS/Palm deals. I don't like them. None of them seem to
> impress me.

I agree with you, Scott. Any time someone tries to add new functions
into a unit that wasn't originally designed with the new functionality
in mind, there are going to have to be significant compromises.

> I cant see why they are making these GPS's that specifically
> connect to
> Palms and not just making a palm mapping program and using a
> data cable to
> run from your existing GPS to your PDA?

Because they make way more money selling you the former than the latter.

Steve
Team Tierra Buena
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness". -- Dave
Barry