[Az-Geocaching] A new version of Windows 2000?

Brian LaFrance listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:56:33 -0700

I think I just installed that on my sister-in-law's computer.  Works better
than Millenium Edition at least... :)

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]On Behalf Of Ken
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2003 12:28 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] A new version of Windows 2000?

 Dear Consumers:

 It has come to our attention that a few copies of the WINDOWS
2000 TENNESSEE EDITION may have accidentally been shipped outside of the
 STATE of TENNESSEE.

 If you have one of these, you may need help understanding the
commands. The TENNESSEE EDITION may be recognized by the unique opening
screen. It reads:  WINDERS 2000, with a background picture of Willie Nelson
superimposed on a bottle of Jack Daniels.

 Please also note:
The Recycle Bin is labeled "Outhouse"
My Computer is called "This Dern Contraption"
Dial Up Networking is called "Good Ol' Boys"
Control Panel is known as "The Dashboard"
Hard Drive is referred to as "4-Wheel Drive"
Floppies are "Them little ol' plastic thangs"
Instead of an error message, "Duct Tape" pops up

CHANGES IN TERMINOLOGY IN TENNESSEE EDITION:
Cancel............stopdat
Reset.............try'er agin
Yes...............yep
No................nope
Find..............hunt fer it
Go to.............over yonder
Back..............back yonder
Help..............hep me out here
Stop..............kwitit (WHOA!)
Start.............crank'er up
Settings..........settins
Programs......... stuff at duz stuff
Documents....... .stuff ah done did

Also note that the TENNESSEE EDITION does not recognize capital
letters or punctuation marks. Some programs that are exclusive to WINDERS
2000:

Tiperiter.....................a word processing program
Colerin' Book.................a graphics program
Cyferin' Mersheen.............calculator
Outhouse Paper................notepad
Inner-net.....................Microsoft explorer 5.0
Pitchers......................a graphics viewer

We regret any inconvenience it may have caused. If you received
a copy of the
TENNESSEE EDITION, you may return it to Microsoft for a
 replacement version.

I hope this helps all y'all!

Billy Bob Gates