[Az-Geocaching] Caches in State Parks and other county/regional parks

Brian LaFrance listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 10:24:23 -0700

While I was in Illinois for Christmas, I did a couple of Geocaches that were
on State park land.  The cache owners had received permission from rangers
and actually placed in the cache some info about the ranger who approved it
and how to contact them if there were any questions or problems.  I thought
it was a pretty good idea.  Just a little idea for those of you thinking
about placing the caches in these areas...

Brian
Team LeapLab

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]On Behalf Of
Chelby Geiss
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2003 7:56 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Caches in State Parks and other
county/regional parks

One of my contacts from the Land Agency meeting was Dwayne Collier,
State Coordinator for Arizona for the National Park Service.  I also
have casually talked with Jean Emery from Az State Parks.  Both share
basically the same view---Please contact the park personnel before
placing a cache.  This way sensitive areas are protected and
"overcrowding" is avoided.  A VERY good point they also brought up was
that the rangers and other park workers know of some wonderful
locations for caches...places most people may not know about!  Mr.
Collier was very excited to have cachers contact National Parks people
and work together to place caches!!!  TAKE HIM UP ON THIS OFFER!  Its
the best way to show geocaching goodwill!  With the wonderful internet,
its a snap to find out exactly who to contact!  I have a list of
National Parks people and the region they over see...if anyone would
like to know exactly who to contact within the AZ National Parks, drop
me an email!  I'd be more than happy to point you in the right
direction!

Thanks Scott for posting the wonderful info!

Team desertSol
Chelby & Kevin
+
Kiva and Lancer (German Shepherds)