[Az-Geocaching] El Camino del Diablo Strike Force

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 20:14:57 -0700

--=====================_88689318==_.ALT

At 07:48 PM 1/8/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>Guess I won't wait for the weekend, Scott!  :--)

That's ok, I would have been patient.

>When to meet: I propose 8:30 AM, but I'm open to other reasoning. My guess
>is that makes departure times of about 5:30 from Tucson and 6:00 AM from
>Phoenix (your mileage may vary),

That is along the lines of what I was thinking also.  I will have to do the
math on when I will leave Tucson, but an 8:30 meet time sounds good.  My
FJ-40 is comfortable on the freeway at 65 mph, anything over that and it is
a bit rough.  It will do it, but it doesn't like it much.

>If you are running late, but can reach us by radio, we'll wait for you.  I
>do think we should use FRS channel 2 (backup 12), and we might as well
>ditto those channels for CB. If there are any hams going, start out on
>146.52, unless someone knows a good repeater in the area. If so, please
>post the frequencies and PL.

I will have GMRS/FRS radios with us.  I will also have handheld CB.  I
won't have the range as a vehicle mounted CB, but we will just have to make
due.  I will also e-mail Steve, and any other member of the strike force
who might want it, my cell  phone number off list. ( I actually get
telemarkers from time to time on my cell)

>Finally, where to meet. I know nothing about the area, so I propose
>meeting at the gate. There must be a gate, you got a combination to the
>lock when you got your permit. If meeting at the gate is okay with
>everyone, I'll post some directions and coordinates in a separate message.

The gate sounds like a good idea.  Please post the coordinates when you get
a chance.  As for permits, Ann and I will be in Phoenix on Monday to obtain
ours.  I realize that this is cutting things a little short, but it has
been the first chance we have had.  I think we will actually be heading up
on Sunday and hitting a few urban caches.

In liberty,

Scott

wood@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com

--=====================_88689318==_.ALT

At 07:48 PM 1/8/2003 -0700, you wrote:<br><br>
That's ok, I would have been patient.<br><br>
to meet: I propose 8:30 AM, but I'm open to other reasoning. My guess is
that makes departure times of about 5:30 from Tucson and 6:00 AM from
That is along the lines of what I was thinking also.&nbsp; I will have to
do the math on when I will leave Tucson, but an 8:30 meet time sounds
good.&nbsp; My FJ-40 is comfortable on the freeway at 65 mph, anything
over that and it is a bit rough.&nbsp; It will do it, but it doesn't like
it much.<br><br>
you are running late, but can reach us by radio, we'll wait for
you.&nbsp; I do think we should use FRS channel 2 (backup 12), and we
might as well ditto those channels for CB. If there are any hams going,
start out on 146.52, unless someone knows a good repeater in the area. If
I will have GMRS/FRS radios with us.&nbsp; I will also have handheld
CB.&nbsp; I won't have the range as a vehicle mounted CB, but we will
just have to make due.&nbsp; I will also e-mail Steve, and any other
member of the strike force who might want it, my cell&nbsp; phone number
off list. ( I actually get telemarkers from time to time on my
cell)<br><br>
where to meet. I know nothing about the area, so I propose meeting at the
gate. There must be a gate, you got a combination to the lock when you
got your permit. If meeting at the gate is okay with everyone, I'll post
some directions and coordinates in a separate
The gate sounds like a good idea.&nbsp; Please post the coordinates when
you get a chance.&nbsp; As for permits, Ann and I will be in Phoenix on
Monday to obtain ours.&nbsp; I realize that this is cutting things a
little short, but it has been the first chance we have had.&nbsp; I think
we will actually be heading up on Sunday and hitting a few urban
caches.<br><br>