[Az-Geocaching] Explanation for lower gas taxes in N.J.: offset by high turnpike & parkway tolls

Tue, 7 Jan 2003 19:56:19 -0800 (PST)

--0-758929693-1041998179=:66278

The real reason that New Jersey has such low gas prices even with pump attendants is because the state gasoline taxes are so low (of course, you don't even want to know what the property taxes are like there).

My brother and his family live in New Jersey, so I know that the gas prices in New Jersey are lower than in every other northeastern state, with the exception of low-tax New Hampshire.  However, in order to drive on the New Jersey Turnpike or Garden State Parkway, you have to pay a lot of money in tolls.

Ken (a.k.a. Highpointer)

--0-758929693-1041998179=:66278

<P><EM>The real reason that New Jersey has such low gas prices even with pump attendants is because the state gasoline taxes are so low (of course, you don't even want to know what the property taxes are like there).</EM> </P>
<P>My brother and his family live in New Jersey, so I know that the gas prices in New Jersey are lower than in every other northeastern state, with the exception of low-tax New Hampshire.&nbsp; However, in order to drive on the New Jersey Turnpike or Garden State Parkway, you have to pay a lot of money in tolls.</P>
<P>Ken (a.k.a. Highpointer)</P>
--0-758929693-1041998179=:66278--