[Az-Geocaching] RE: Oregon bureaucrats propose using GPS to track each driver's

Eric Quinn listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 10:57:02 -0800 (PST)

It was explained as a safety issue. Way back when a
gas station was an attachment to a garage, there was a
bit more concern about safety issues and I could
imagine the state not wanting an explosion because
someone was pumping while the engine is running or
while the customer was smoking. Dunno if it's true but
it sounds plausable. It also doesn't explain why only
two of fifty states do this but it also wouldn't be
the first time a law that was no longer needed
continued to be enforced.

I was also told that Jersey has lower prices because
of the lower transportation costs with the nearby
refineries.

Eric