[Az-Geocaching] RE: Oregon bureaucrats propose using GPS to track each driver's

Mike Ingoglia listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 09:00:54 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_02E9_01C2B62B.4917A310

The ACLU still has their face red about banning Christmas displays in =
public areas because they felt it promoted one religion over another =
(arguments like this is why I can't support the ACLU)...  Give them time =
to regroup...  I sure hope they jump on this one because this would be a =
true violation of our rights.  Although on paper the ACLU is an =
outstanding organization and has done a tremendous amount of good in the =
past I feel they take certain things too far.  The ACLU seems to do =
things to attract attention to themselves (almost as if they're trying =
to justify their existence because they're afraid they're running out of =
things to do.  The Christmas fiasco comes to mind... as does the 'In God =
we trust', and 'One nation under God' outcry in the public school =
system.  The ACLU doesn't seem to realize this country was founded under =
a belief in a deity and the whole idea of 'separation of church and =
state' was instituted so our government couldn't impose an 'official' =
religion as the British did with 'The Church of England'.

Yep, I'm rambling and off subject... my apologies.

Just a humble opinion from someone that hasn't been to church since I =
was married in '98 (so I'm definitely not religious) but has a great =
deal of respect for the history of this nation and the beliefs in which =
it was founded on.  :-)

Mike

----- Original Message -----=20