[Az-Geocaching] RE: Oregon bureaucrats propose using GPS to track each driver's

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 01:11:56 -0700

--=====================_694046896==_.ALT

At 11:40 PM 1/6/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>The only thing I can say in favor of this is based on a VERY limited scope
>where it would be of benefit.  Law enforcement could benefit from this
>technology by tracking a pursuit vehicle without engaging in a pursuit (or
>after termination), and coupled with helicopter monitoring, track the
>vehicle via GPS, in order to improve the chances of
>recovery/arrest.  However, the above mentioned reasons against the
>technology far outweigh this small benefit to an isolated population
>segment.  Just my .02

I understand where you are coming from, but so much lately has been hoisted
upon us in the name of "just another tool for law enforcement."  Because of
that I will not be at all surprised if Oregon passes this.  It doesn't
matter what the people want, or what freedoms that they believe they
have.  Remember, this is the same state that doesn't allow you to pump your
own gas, or go to a polling place to vote.

In liberty,

Scott

wood@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com

--=====================_694046896==_.ALT

At 11:40 PM 1/6/2003 -0700, you wrote:<br><br>
thing I can say in favor of this is based on a VERY limited scope where
it would be of benefit.&nbsp; Law enforcement could benefit from this
technology by tracking a pursuit vehicle without engaging in a pursuit
(or after termination), and coupled with helicopter monitoring, track the
vehicle via GPS, in order to improve the chances of
recovery/arrest.&nbsp; However, the above mentioned reasons against the
technology far outweigh this small benefit to an isolated population
I understand where you are coming from, but so much lately has been
hoisted upon us in the name of &quot;just another tool for law
enforcement.&quot;&nbsp; Because of that I will not be at all surprised
if Oregon passes this.&nbsp; It doesn't matter what the people want, or
what freedoms that they believe they have.&nbsp; Remember, this is the
same state that doesn't allow you to pump your own gas, or go to a
polling place to vote.<br><br>