[Az-Geocaching] Searching Archived Caches

Brent Milner listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 09:38:22 -0700

Thanks for the info, Brian. That's exactly what I was looking for.

-FroBro Q-Tip

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]On Behalf Of Brian
Cluff
Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2003 5:18 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Searching Archived Caches

Piece of cake.  Goto the cache stats page (
http://www.azgeocaching.com/cache_stats.php )
and type in what you know of the name next to "find caches", then click
find caches.  The cache you want will say "Archived next to it"  Then
just click the waypoint (labeled "cache ID") and that will take you to
the geocaching site. Either that or click the name of the cache and then
click "Local Copy of Geocache Page" that will show you want the server
saw eariler that same day.

.... but you knew most of that already, but too much info is better than
not enough :)

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek

Brent Milner wrote:

>Is there a way to search for an archived cache if you know all or part of
>the cache name? I know you can still get to those caches if you know the
URL