[Az-Geocaching] Lunch Club Response To Team Scotti's Concern

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 05 Jan 2003 14:45:42 -0700

Jim Scotti wrote:

>    BTW, I've had some e-mail contact with another geocacher some time ago
>who was interested in knowing about caches that were handicap accessible, so
>your post about different servers for different types of cachers is a valid
>one.  I suppose a 1/1 cache should be reserved for the handicap accessible
>ones.  In fact, the 1 terrain rating notes on geocaching.com does hint at
>those being wheelchair accessible.  Perhaps an extra note on the cache page
>for those caches that are accessible to wheelchairs or other lite handicaps
>would be useful.

Seems to me a cache doesn't have to be extremely easy to be accessable
to handicaped people.  In fact the rating seems like it would have
nothing to do with it.
I can picture a cache that requires once hell of a jeep ride to the
cache area, but then have the cache itself just off the road, but very
well hidden., so it would be a perfect cache for someone in a
wheelchair.  They would just need a 4x4 just like anything else, and
want to look around a bit for a well hidden cache.
People should probably just mention if the location itself can be
arrived at easily once the drive is over.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek