[Az-Geocaching] Another cacher leaving

Eric Quinn listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 12:51:40 -0800 (PST)

I've been offered a position with the US State Dept.
and will be leaving the world of Arizona Geocaching. I
was laid off over a year ago and have been writing and
teaching ever since. I was fortunate enough to hook up
with a company in SE Asia that had me teach a number
of courses and in the process, was able to experience
a number of cultures.

When at a job fair last year, my wife pointed out a
guy from State. Like most techies, I had a jaded
opinion of the Feds but decided to apply anyway. To
make a long story short, I was offered a job around
Thanksgiving and recieved the official offer and
paperwork today. I report for training at the end of
Feb.

I don't know where we'll be going, just that wherever
it is, we'll bring a bit of Arizona style Geocaching
with us. The contrary side of me is hoping Russia so I
can set up some micro caches in parks under benches.
Some potential destinations are ones we'd drive the
local intelligence service nuts with hunting and
hiding.

We just hit 100 total finds, so we'll have to work on
100 AZ finds before I have to leave. I'd like to thank
everyone who has hidden a cache that we have looked
for, this is a great community.

Eric
Team Dragon