[Az-Geocaching] removing a lost log?

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 02 Jan 2003 23:19:33 -0700

Darin & Dani wrote:

> Hi,  I was just wondering what the current opinion was on removing a lost
>(could not find) log on the web site after one actually finds the cache.  We
>have revisited a couple of caches lately and recorded finds where we had
>losts before.  Do I remove the no find or leave things the way they are with
>an earlier no find and the current found.  Just wondering.

I personally see the logs on the cache as the history of the cache, so
even if we find the cache later, we always leave the not found log...
after all at one point we didn't find it.

I know some people will disagree,  but in history class we are still
taught about the battles we didn't win even though we won the war.

You could also think about the logs as attempts, and there is no way to
the cache.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek