[Az-Geocaching] TEF and a birthday present

Regan L Smith listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 18:03:38 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C3C65A.6DCFD840

Today we at Team Evil Fish decided to use the birthday gift that my =
sister bought for the younger member's 11th birthday, after reading the =
sign at the local park requiring the use of such only by permit went to =
the local high school where at 15 feet from second base made that ground =
zero..

the Estes model rocket was loaded with the medium strength engine and =
while talking with the JACK A LOPE via cellular communication launched =
TEF-1 a nice launch went about 200 feet into the air and was recovered =
in a few minutes... after reloading same engine type made a second =
launch followed pretty much the same trajectory but was going to much =
towards the houses. so for the third launch I installed the BIG engine =
rated to 600 feet turned the launching pad towards more of the field =
away from the houses and the younger member counted from 10 and well we =
had 2 successful rocket launches and 1 very cool missile it seems that =
at the base of the launching pad a thumb screw came loose and the thrust =
from the rocket pressure against the blast deflector caused the guide =
rod to move from 90 to about 45 as it left and again towards the =
houses..... I lost sight of it but Alex ran as fast as he could to get =
an idea of where it would land....

we packed up and much like finding a cache made our way to where we =
thought it landed... knocked on a house we thought it might have been in =
but after the owner allowed us to look spotted on his back neighbors =
roof so again drove around looking for the correct house, after getting =
the strangest look from the owner while stating our problem, he took his =
ladder and went to his back yard upon his return TEF-1 was in good =
shape..
it seems that the owner hadn't seen a model rocket since he was a kid in =
Oklahoma....

I blame CBX2
------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C3C65A.6DCFD840

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Today we at Team Evil Fish decided to =
use the=20
birthday gift that&nbsp;my sister bought for the younger member's 11th =
birthday,=20
after reading the sign at the local park requiring the use of such only =
by=20
permit went to the local high school where at 15 feet from second base =
made that=20
ground zero..</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>the Estes model rocket was loaded with =
the medium=20
strength engine and while talking with the JACK A LOPE via cellular=20
communication launched TEF-1 a nice launch went about 200 feet into the =
air and=20
was recovered in a few minutes... after reloading same engine type made =
a second=20
launch followed pretty much the same trajectory but was going to much =
towards=20
the houses. so for the third launch I installed the BIG engine rated to =
600 feet=20
turned the launching pad towards more of the field away from the houses =
and the=20
younger member counted from 10 and well we had 2 successful rocket =
launches and=20
1 very cool missile it seems that at the base of the launching pad a =
thumb screw=20
came loose and the thrust from the rocket pressure against the blast =
deflector=20
caused the guide rod to move from 90 to about 45 as it left and again =
towards=20
the houses..... I lost sight of it but Alex ran as fast as he could to =
get an=20
idea of where it would land....</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>we packed up and much like finding a =
cache made our=20
way to where we thought it landed... knocked on a house we thought it =
might have=20
been in but after the owner allowed us to look spotted on his back =
neighbors=20
roof so again drove around looking for the correct house, after getting =
the=20
strangest look from the owner while stating our problem, he took his =
ladder and=20
went to his back yard upon his return TEF-1 was in good =
shape..</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>it seems that the owner hadn't seen a =
model rocket=20
since he was a kid in Oklahoma....</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I blame CBX2 =
</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C3C65A.6DCFD840--