[Az-Geocaching] Proposed event cache at Picacho Peak State Park: Sunday, March 14, 2004

howard campbell listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:30:37 -0800 (PST)

--0-737914185-1071253837=:87069

Ken Akerman <ken@highpointer.com> wrote:Hello Arizona Geocachers,

Thank you to all who organized the event cache in Tucson last Saturday.  I am grateful for winning the new cache.  I intend to place it this weekend at an interesting locationd a few miles off I-10 in Pinal County this weekend.  It may be on top of a peak, but the elevation of this proposed location is less than Tucson's "A" Mountain and there are a couple of other caches available nearby in the surrounding lowlands.

During the event cache, I proposed organizing an event cache at Picacho Peak State Park in March, during the weekend of the Civil War battle reenactments.  That would be the second weekend of March, March 13-14, 2004.  I organized a similar event for Arizona members of the Highpointers Club in March 2002. There is a large ramada in park, called Cholla Ramada, that one can reserve for the day that is suitable for groups of up to 50 people.

The proposed event cache would begin in the morning with a group hike to the summit of Picacho Peak where we would claim the cache on top of the mountain.  We would then descend and meet for a barbeque and potluck picnic at Cholla Ramada.  If you haven't hiked to the summit of Picacho before, then doing it with other experienced hikers would be a great incentive to complete the hike.  However, even if you are unable to do the hike, you still welcome to attend the picnic at Cholla Ramada in the afternoon to claim credit for the event cache.

I called Picacho Peak State Park today and the person I spoke with told me that the Cholla Ramada is already reserved for Saturday, March 13.  However, it is available for Sunday, March 14.

Therefore, I would like to know from anyone who may be interested in attending this proposed event if holding it on a Sunday is a good idea, and if so,would be willing and able to come to Picacho Peak State Park on Sunday, March 14?  Thank you.

Ken Akerman (a.k.a. Highpointer)

Team Arrowhead

We would in joy a day of hiking the park hope it works out.

Howard

--0-737914185-1071253837=:87069

<DIV><BR><BR><B><I>Ken Akerman &lt;ken@highpointer.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<DIV>Hello Arizona Geocachers,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thank you to all who organized the event cache in Tucson last Saturday.&nbsp; I am grateful for winning the new cache.&nbsp; I intend to place it this weekend at an interesting locationd a few miles off I-10 in Pinal County this weekend.&nbsp; It may be on top of a peak, but the elevation of this proposed location&nbsp;is less than Tucson's <A href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=18bdac7e-4808-4c1a-961a-de7f5a43a10c">"A" Mountain</A>&nbsp;and there are a couple of other caches available nearby in the surrounding lowlands.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>During the event cache, I proposed organizing an event cache at Picacho Peak State Park in March, during the weekend of the Civil War battle reenactments.&nbsp; That would be the second weekend of March, March 13-14, 2004.&nbsp; I organized a<A href="http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/message?forumid=3897&amp;messageid=1015789086"> similar event </A>for Arizona members of the <A href="http://www.highpointers.org/">Highpointers Club</A> in March 2002. There is a large ramada in park, called Cholla Ramada, that one can reserve for the day that is suitable for groups of up to 50 people.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The proposed event cache would begin in the morning with a group hike to the summit of Picacho Peak where we would claim <A href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=ae5aa40d-a94b-47f0-8bba-4091b57309b9">the cache on top of the mountain</A>.&nbsp; We would then descend and meet for a barbeque and potluck picnic at Cholla Ramada.&nbsp; If you haven't hiked to the summit of Picacho before, then doing it with other experienced hikers would be a great incentive to complete the hike.&nbsp; However, even if you are unable to do the hike, you still welcome to attend the picnic at Cholla Ramada in the afternoon to claim credit for the event cache.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I called <A href="http://www.pr.state.az.us/Parks/parkhtml/picacho.html">Picacho Peak State&nbsp;Park</A> today and the person I spoke with told me that the Cholla Ramada is already reserved for Saturday, March 13.&nbsp; However, it is available for Sunday, March 14.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Therefore, I would like to know from anyone who may be interested in attending this proposed event if holding it on a Sunday is a good idea, and if so,would be willing and able to come to Picacho Peak State Park on Sunday, March 14?&nbsp; Thank you.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Ken Akerman</STRONG> (a.k.a. <STRONG><EM>Highpointer</EM></STRONG>)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<P>Team Arrowhead</P>
<P>We would in joy a day of hiking the park hope it works out.</P>
<P>Howard</P><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-737914185-1071253837=:87069--