[Az-Geocaching] RE: It's THAT season

Brian Casteel listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 22:11:51 -0500

------=____1070507511560_MJd-?WZbQO

Thank you for the compliment.

Brian
Team A.I.

> From: "Cordell Harris" <cordh@mchsi.com>
> Date: 2003/12/03 Wed PM 09:20:30 EST
> To: <listserv@azgeocaching.com>
> Subject: Re: Re: [Az-Geocaching] RE: It's THAT season
>
> Hello Brian....nice approach.  We in Arizona are very fortunate to have a
> balanced attitude toward firearms and their application in the great
> outdoor.  Have no grudge toward any I might encounter on the trails and if I
> happen to be packing, as is usual away from the urban areas, would hope all
> would remember that.  Somehow I perceived the overstatements in the humorous
> light that I would hope they were intended.
>
> Sorry about the grim encounter couple days back.  Christmas should be a
> joyous time...we owe it to the kids.  I'm back to the sidelines!

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Verdana>Hello Brian....nice approach.&nbsp; We in Arizona are
very fortunate to have a balanced attitude toward firearms and&nbsp;their
application in the great outdoor.&nbsp; Have no grudge&nbsp;toward any&nbsp;I
might encounter on the trails and if I happen to be packing, as&nbsp;is usual
away from the urban areas, would hope all would remember that.&nbsp; Somehow I
perceived the overstatements in&nbsp;the humorous light that I would hope they
were intended.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Verdana></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Verdana>Sorry about the grim encounter couple days back.&nbsp;
Christmas should be a joyous time...we owe it to the kids.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm
back&nbsp;to the sidelines!</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV
  style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B>
  <A title=bcasteel1@cox.net href="mailto:bcasteel1@cox.net">Brian Casteel</A>
  </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=listserv@azgeocaching.com
  href="mailto:listserv@azgeocaching.com">listserv@azgeocaching.com</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, December 03, 2003 6:33
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: Re: [Az-Geocaching] RE: It's
  THAT season</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>I agree with Gale.&nbsp; But jokes about the use of firearms
  for anything (despite humorous intent) is something that shouldn't be
  done.&nbsp; In some cases, it can be strong evidence to support a belief that
  a person might not be responsible enough to be in possession of a weapon for
  fear that one of those comments might be acted upon.<BR><BR>I'm not saying
  that Sprocket fits that profile, because I don't know him well enough to make
  such an accusation, nor would I do so in this type of venue.&nbsp; I would
  hope that if anything like this were to happen with anyone on the listserv,
  that enough maturity would be displayed by contacting the person directly
  instead of going out to the proverbial playground and handling it with
  everyone watching.<BR><BR>But then again, everyone at some point is going to
  be offended by something, and even dead silence would be offensive to someoene
  who really likes to talk.<BR><BR>Brian<BR>Team A.I.<BR><BR><BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;
  From: Gale &lt;sonoralovesmommy@yahoo.com&gt;<BR>&gt; Date: 2003/12/03 Wed PM
  06:06:00 EST<BR>&gt; To: listserv@azgeocaching.com<BR>&gt; Subject: Re:
  [Az-Geocaching] RE: It's THAT season<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Well
  Im not offended, but I am saddened by the callousness of the words. Four years
  ago, a family member was kidnapped and shot twice in the head by a low life
  vermin. Three years ago, Mike's cousin was shot an killed by a drug addict who
  flipped out and killed her in her sheep pasture. Joking about shooting or
  wounding someone is rather insensitive to the growing number of people whose
  lives are forever changed by violent crime. But feel free to continue with
  your jokes. America is a great country and we have great freedoms to speak out
  as we wish.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Tsegi Mike and Desert
  Viking<BR>&gt;&nbsp; <BR>&gt; Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang
  interminable changes<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; On one everlasting Whisper day and
  night repeated -- so:<BR>&gt; "Something hidden.&nbsp; Go and find it. Go and
  look behind the Ranges --<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Something lost behind the
  Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp; <BR>&gt;
  <BR>&gt; Rudyard Kipling ,&nbsp;&nbsp; The Explorer&nbsp; 1898<BR>&gt;
  <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;
  ---------------------------------<BR>&gt; Do you Yahoo!?<BR>&gt; Free Pop-Up
  Blocker - Get it now<BR>&gt; <BR>
  <P>
  <HR>

  <P></P>
  <DIV><BR><BR>Well Im not offended, but I am saddened by the callousness of the
  words. Four years ago, a family member was kidnapped and shot twice in the
  head by a low life vermin. Three years ago, Mike's cousin was shot an killed
  by a drug addict who flipped out and killed her in her sheep pasture. Joking
  about shooting or wounding someone is rather insensitive to the growing number
  of people whose lives are forever changed by violent crime. But feel free to
  continue with your jokes. America is a great country and we have great
  freedoms to speak out as we wish.</DIV><BR><BR>
  <DIV>
  <DIV>
  <DIV>
  <DIV>
  <DIV>Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=#6633cc></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=#6633cc>Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable
  changes<BR>&nbsp; On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated --
  so:<BR>"Something hidden.&nbsp; Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges
  --<BR>&nbsp; "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you.
  Go!"</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=#6633cc></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=#6633cc>Rudyard Kipling&nbsp;,&nbsp;&nbsp; The Explorer&nbsp;
  1898</FONT></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV>
  <P>
  <DIV>
  <HR SIZE=1>
  </DIV>
  <DIV>Do you Yahoo!?<BR><A
  href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/slv/mailtag/*http://companion.yahoo.com/">Free
  Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now</A> <FONT face=Verdana></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Verdana><BR>---<BR>Outgoing mail is certified Virus
  Free.<BR>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A
  href="http://www.grisoft.com">http://www.grisoft.com</A>).<BR>Version: 6.0.545
  / Virus Database: 339 - Release Date:
11/29/2003</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=____1070507511560_MJd-?WZbQO--