[Az-Geocaching] RE: It's THAT season

Cordell Harris listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:20:30 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0281_01C3B9D2.84075690

Hello Brian....nice approach.  We in Arizona are very fortunate to have a
balanced attitude toward firearms and their application in the great
outdoor.  Have no grudge toward any I might encounter on the trails and if I
happen to be packing, as is usual away from the urban areas, would hope all
would remember that.  Somehow I perceived the overstatements in the humorous
light that I would hope they were intended.

Sorry about the grim encounter couple days back.  Christmas should be a
joyous time...we owe it to the kids.  I'm back to the sidelines!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Brian Casteel
  To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
  Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 6:33 PM
  Subject: Re: Re: [Az-Geocaching] RE: It's THAT season

  I agree with Gale.  But jokes about the use of firearms for anything
(despite humorous intent) is something that shouldn't be done.  In some
cases, it can be strong evidence to support a belief that a person might not
be responsible enough to be in possession of a weapon for fear that one of
those comments might be acted upon.

  I'm not saying that Sprocket fits that profile, because I don't know him
well enough to make such an accusation, nor would I do so in this type of
venue.  I would hope that if anything like this were to happen with anyone
on the listserv, that enough maturity would be displayed by contacting the
person directly instead of going out to the proverbial playground and
handling it with everyone watching.

  But then again, everyone at some point is going to be offended by
something, and even dead silence would be offensive to someoene who really
likes to talk.

  Brian
  Team A.I.

  > From: Gale <sonoralovesmommy@yahoo.com>
  > Date: 2003/12/03 Wed PM 06:06:00 EST
  > To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
  > Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] RE: It's THAT season
  >

  > Well Im not offended, but I am saddened by the callousness of the words.
Four years ago, a family member was kidnapped and shot twice in the head by
a low life vermin. Three years ago, Mike's cousin was shot an killed by a
drug addict who flipped out and killed her in her sheep pasture. Joking
about shooting or wounding someone is rather insensitive to the growing
number of people whose lives are forever changed by violent crime. But feel
free to continue with your jokes. America is a great country and we have
great freedoms to speak out as we wish.

--

[...]

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana>Hello Brian....nice approach.&nbsp; We in =
Arizona are=20
very fortunate to have a balanced attitude toward firearms =
and&nbsp;their=20
application in the great outdoor.&nbsp; Have no grudge&nbsp;toward =
any&nbsp;I=20
might encounter on the trails and if I happen to be packing, as&nbsp;is =
usual=20
away from the urban areas, would hope all would remember that.&nbsp; =
Somehow I=20
perceived the overstatements in&nbsp;the humorous light that I would =
hope they=20
were intended.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana>Sorry about the grim encounter couple days =
back.&nbsp;=20
Christmas should be a joyous time...we owe it to the =
kids.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm=20
back&nbsp;to the sidelines!</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dbcasteel1@cox.net href=3D"mailto:bcasteel1@cox.net">Brian =
Casteel</A>=20
  </DIV>
title=3Dlistserv@azgeocaching.com=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:listserv@azgeocaching.com">listserv@azgeocaching.com</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, December 03, =
2003 6:33=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: Re: =
[Az-Geocaching] RE: It's=20
  THAT season</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>I agree with Gale.&nbsp; But jokes about the use of =
firearms=20
  for anything (despite humorous intent) is something that shouldn't be=20
  done.&nbsp; In some cases, it can be strong evidence to support a =
belief that=20
  a person might not be responsible enough to be in possession of a =
weapon for=20
  fear that one of those comments might be acted upon.<BR><BR>I'm not =
saying=20
  that Sprocket fits that profile, because I don't know him well enough =
to make=20
  such an accusation, nor would I do so in this type of venue.&nbsp; I =
would=20
  hope that if anything like this were to happen with anyone on the =
listserv,=20
  that enough maturity would be displayed by contacting the person =
directly=20
  instead of going out to the proverbial playground and handling it with =

  everyone watching.<BR><BR>But then again, everyone at some point is =
going to=20
  be offended by something, and even dead silence would be offensive to =
someoene=20
  who really likes to talk.<BR><BR>Brian<BR>Team A.I.<BR><BR><BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
  From: Gale &lt;sonoralovesmommy@yahoo.com&gt;<BR>&gt; Date: 2003/12/03 =
Wed PM=20
  06:06:00 EST<BR>&gt; To: listserv@azgeocaching.com<BR>&gt; Subject: =
Re:=20
  [Az-Geocaching] RE: It's THAT season<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt; Well=20
  Im not offended, but I am saddened by the callousness of the words. =
Four years=20
  ago, a family member was kidnapped and shot twice in the head by a low =
life=20
  vermin. Three years ago, Mike's cousin was shot an killed by a drug =
addict who=20
  flipped out and killed her in her sheep pasture. Joking about shooting =
or=20
  wounding someone is rather insensitive to the growing number of people =
whose=20
  lives are forever changed by violent crime. But feel free to continue =
with=20
  your jokes. America is a great country and we have great freedoms to =
speak out=20
  as we wish.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Tsegi Mike and Desert=20
  Viking<BR>&gt;&nbsp; <BR>&gt; Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang =

  interminable changes<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; On one everlasting Whisper =
day and=20
  night repeated -- so:<BR>&gt; "Something hidden.&nbsp; Go and find it. =
Go and=20
  look behind the Ranges --<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Something lost behind =
the=20
  Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp; <BR>&gt; =

  <BR>&gt; Rudyard Kipling ,&nbsp;&nbsp; The Explorer&nbsp; 1898<BR>&gt; =

  <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;=20
  ---------------------------------<BR>&gt; Do you Yahoo!?<BR>&gt; Free =
Pop-Up=20
  Blocker - Get it now<BR>&gt; <BR>
  <P>
  <HR>

  <P></P>
  <DIV><BR><BR>Well Im not offended, but I am saddened by the =
callousness of the=20
  words. Four years ago, a family member was kidnapped and shot twice in =
the=20
  head by a low life vermin. Three years ago, Mike's cousin was shot an =
killed=20
  by a drug addict who flipped out and killed her in her sheep pasture. =
Joking=20
  about shooting or wounding someone is rather insensitive to the =
growing number=20
  of people whose lives are forever changed by violent crime. But feel =
free to=20
  continue with your jokes. America is a great country and we have great =

  freedoms to speak out as we wish.</DIV><BR><BR>
  <DIV>
  <DIV>
  <DIV>
  <DIV>
  <DIV>Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=3D#6633cc></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=3D#6633cc>Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang =
interminable=20
  changes<BR>&nbsp; On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- =

  so:<BR>"Something hidden.&nbsp; Go and find it. Go and look behind the =
Ranges=20
  --<BR>&nbsp; "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for =
you.=20
  Go!"</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=3D#6633cc></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=3D#6633cc>Rudyard Kipling&nbsp;,&nbsp;&nbsp; The =
Explorer&nbsp;=20
  1898</FONT></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV>
  <P>
  <DIV>
  <HR SIZE=3D1>
  </DIV>
  <DIV>Do you Yahoo!?<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://us.rd.yahoo.com/slv/mailtag/*http://companion.yahoo.com/">=
Free=20
  Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now</A> <FONT face=3DVerdana></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana><BR>---<BR>Outgoing mail is certified Virus=20
  Free.<BR>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.grisoft.com">http://www.grisoft.com</A>).<BR>Version: =
6.0.545=20
  / Virus Database: 339 - Release Date:=20
11/29/2003</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0281_01C3B9D2.84075690--