[Az-Geocaching] RE: Cache Regrets

Scott Sparks listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 02 Dec 2003 22:30:37 -0700

--------------010407040402080105080204

Another one that gave me heartburn was Buena Vista de las Montanas. My
wife and I went out looking for it four days after it was posted.  I
walked  nearly a mile cross-country to the coordinates but found nothing
there.  We did a few other caches  in  the nearby mountains and ended
up  taking a picnic near Reavis Trailhead where we spent about an hour
relaxing and enjoying the sights, sounds and smells.  When I returned
home I re-read the description and became convinced that the description
didn't match the location. The described elevation was about 1500 feet
off and it was certainly a much farther walk than 100 feet described.  I
notified the owner that his coords had to be wrong and provided the
evidence I had.  He insisted they were correct.  I  asserted that they
couldn't possibly be correct.  He again swore that they were.  Finally,
he saw that they were in error and he posted the correct coordinates.
They coordinates turned out to be just a few hundred feet from where my
wife and I had our little picnic that day.  We missed out on a first
find and we haven't been back to the area since.

-- Sprocket

--------------010407040402080105080204

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Another one that gave me heartburn was Buena Vista de las Montanas. My
wife and I went out looking for it four days after it was posted.&nbsp; I
walked&nbsp; nearly a mile cross-country to the coordinates but found
nothing there.&nbsp; We did a few other caches&nbsp; in&nbsp; the nearby mountains and
ended up&nbsp; taking a picnic near Reavis Trailhead where we spent about an
hour relaxing and enjoying the sights, sounds and smells.&nbsp; When I
returned home I re-read the description and became convinced that the
description didn't match the location. The described elevation was
about 1500 feet off and it was certainly a much farther walk than 100
feet described.&nbsp; I notified the owner that his coords had to be wrong
and provided the evidence I had.&nbsp; He insisted they were correct.&nbsp; I&nbsp;
asserted that they couldn't possibly be correct.&nbsp; He again swore that
they were.&nbsp; Finally, he saw that they were in error and he posted the
correct coordinates.&nbsp; They coordinates turned out to be just a few
hundred feet from where my wife and I had our little picnic that day.&nbsp;
We missed out on a first find and we haven't been back to the area
since.<br>
-- Sprocket <strong></strong>

--------------010407040402080105080204--