[Az-Geocaching] Cache Regrets

Bill Tomlinson listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 14:49:31 -0700

I was at Fremont Saddle with my Boy Scouts a year before that, before I
discovered geocaching.  It was frustrating to learn how close I had been and
not even known it.  Oddly enough, the same weekend you were up at Fremont
Saddle, I had my Boy Scouts over at Reavis Ranch.  Same story here.  I had
them all psyched up for the hunt (event the other leaders).  None had done
and caching before and all were excited.  Before searching for the cache, we
too a little side hike up one of the ridge lines.  When we returned, one of
the boys that had stayed in camp told us about this nice ranger that had
stopped by and chatted.  We went on our search and found nothing, of course.
It wasn't until later that we learned why the ranger was actually at Reavis.

Bill Tomlinson
CacheLess

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com] On Behalf Of
HighwayHavoc
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 2:27 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Cache Regrets

Fremont Saddle, without a doubt!

I had been asked to accompany a handful of Boy Scouts as a second adult
leader and was told we were heading to the Peraltas, where I had not been
before. With this information in hand, I naturally looked up the nearest
caches and explained to the group what geocaching was all about. The boys
were psyched about the game, but unfortunately the day of our hike was the
very day the rangers pulled the caches out of that area. We were certain we
had found the right spot, yet there was no cache to be found. I felt like an
idiot for leading the boys on like that until I returned home and found out
what had happened from the web page. Heck!

Mark A. Pedersen