[Az-Geocaching] RE: It's THAT season

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 02 Dec 2003 13:24:15 -0700

At 01:10 PM 12/2/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>I love the holiday season.  Thanksgiving is great, but Christmas is even
>better.  I like them
>on several levels, and my joy during the season is not affected by how
>others choose to
>celebrate or not.  For some people, Christmas is an excuse to shop, and
>for the retailers, the

I used to love the holiday season, but those days are long since gone.  For
me I think it is not having my family around on the holidays, and not being
able to afford to travel to be with them.

I come from a pretty close family that always did holidays and birthdays
together.  I didn't appreciate it when I still lived there, but now that I
have been away for 15 years I really miss it.  For a number of years Ann's
family lived here in Tucson and that helped a lot, but they have all moved
away and it is just the two of us now.  To me, the holidays have just
become another day, nothing better, nothing worse.  I don't get depressed
about them, but I don't see them as being anything special any longer either.

Scott

scott@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com