[Az-Geocaching] RE: It's THAT season

Bill listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 13:10:17 -0700

This is an interesting philosophy.  You make a joking (I hope) threat to shoot people because
they don't choose to celebrate the holidays in a fashion you find (politically?) correct.  Too
bad.  I am sorry you feel that way.  How sad for you.

I love the holiday season.  Thanksgiving is great, but Christmas is even better.  I like them
on several levels, and my joy during the season is not affected by how others choose to
celebrate or not.  For some people, Christmas is an excuse to shop, and for the retailers, the
joy may be in the profits they make.  Fine.  How does that hurt me?  It doesn't.  I am not
affected by how you choose to celebrate (as long as you don't celebrate by drinking and
driving).  Buy all you want, commercialize all you want -- I don't care.  Have fun in your own
way.

The winter celebration was an excuse for a party long before Christ.  For some it is a
religious celebration, while for others it's just an excuse to buy the grandkids or the spouse,
or whoever far more gifts than they need.  Well, it's not my money.  Let them spend all they
want.

Why does someone have to be "brainwashed" just because their idea of fun is different than
yours?  There is no right or wrong way to celebrate the many holidays that show up this time of
year.

I hope all of you here on this list have a wonderful holiday season.  Please celebrate it
however you like.  Go to church if the spirit moves you.  Buy presents if you like.  Pig out a
couple of times if you want to.  Make some resolutions for the new year just so you can have
fun breaking them.  Set up an electric train under your tree, assuming you have one, and play
for a while.  You don't have to be a kid to play with trains.  Best of all, if you can, watch
some child open all those commercial presents on Christmas morning (or Kwanza or Chanukah).
Now that's joy!  Merry Christmas!

Bill in Willcox