[Az-Geocaching] No gas to geocache!

Randy Kinkel listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 13:37:46 -0700

--------------CEA0FDD2370BCDA289BA479E

It's pretty bad out there... on my way to work this morning, I passed
six stations on Broadway in Tempe, and only one had gas. It was one pump
only, with a limit.  I didn't see what the price was.  I'm one of the
people who didn't panic and fill up, and now I'm in trouble!  I only
have a quarter tank left!  looks like I'll be taking the bus next week.

"Mozartman"

Gale Draper wrote:

> The news says it will be about 2 weeks before this is resolved and
> supplies return to normal. I can understand if a pipeline is broken,
> but it is fixed and waiting for the feds to approve it. The approval
> process could take 2 weeks. The governor is having a news/press
> conference at 3 pm. She's back in the valley. Personally I don't think
> she realizes how bad it is. Mike called and said the one gas station
> he saw with gas has 4 Chandler cops directing traffic and keeping
> order. There were at least 50 cars in a long line down the road. I
> spent some time calling our politicians to let them know (politely)
> that I am concerned. Hopefully it will spur the governor/feds to
> correct this as soon as possible. Maybe now is a good time to work on
> the puzzle part of puzzle caches.
> BBUDCAM@aol.com wrote:
>
>      Budcam & Mary cancelled an Elk scouting trip to unit 10
>      (Williams to Seligman, I-40 to the canyon) because of the
>      gas SHORTAGE. We also skipped out on caching. This was the
>      first weekend in a long time we didnt even look for one.
>      eocaching
>
>      Arizona's Geocaching Resource
>      http://www.azgeocaching.com

--------------CEA0FDD2370BCDA289BA479E

It's pretty bad out there... on my way to work this morning, I passed six
stations on Broadway in Tempe, and only one had gas. It was one pump only,
with a limit.&nbsp; I didn't see what the price was.&nbsp; I'm one of the
people who didn't panic and fill up, and now I'm in trouble!&nbsp; I only
have a quarter tank left!&nbsp; looks like I'll be taking the bus next
week.
is resolved and supplies return to normal. I can understand if a pipeline
is broken, but it is fixed and waiting for the feds to approve it. The
approval process could take 2 weeks.&nbsp;The governor is having a news/press
conference at 3 pm. She's back in the valley. Personally I don't think
she realizes how bad it is. Mike called and said the one gas station he
saw with gas has 4 Chandler cops directing traffic and keeping order. There
were at least 50 cars in a long line down the road. I spent some time calling
our politicians to let them know (politely) that I am concerned. Hopefully
it will spur the governor/feds to correct this as soon as possible.&nbsp;Maybe
now is a good time to work on the puzzle part of puzzle caches.&nbsp;
&amp; Mary cancelled an Elk scouting trip to unit 10 (Williams to Seligman,
I-40 to the canyon) because of the gas SHORTAGE. We also skipped out on
caching. This was the first weekend in a long time we didnt even look for
one.

<hr SIZE=1>Do you Yahoo!?
SiteBuilder</a> - Free, easy-to-use web site design software</blockquote>

--------------CEA0FDD2370BCDA289BA479E--