[Az-Geocaching] Crash!

Jim Scotti listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:38:07 -0700 (MST)

That's really the problem isn't it?  We all live in our western lifestyles
where we live many miles from where we work.  It's one thing to hop on a bike
and go a mile or two to Safeway, but when you work 10 or more miles from
home, you gotta burn the gas to get there.  Our cities have spread out so
that it is almost expected that you live in the 'burbs and work in town.

While I love my SUV, I really think maybe my next car will be a Toyota Prius
or some other energy efficient car.  But these small cars like the Prius just
don't carry families very well yet.  Putting even one teenager in the
backseat of a small car like that is not very fun.  And then there's the
cargo issue.  And I love taking those unimproved dirt roads out to geocaches
too....

Jim.

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Brian Casteel wrote:

> Yep, I'm in total agreement with you.  If I need to go to the grocery/video
> store, I'll hop on the mtn bike and cruise up there.  If need be, I'll ride
> up to Checker for stuff for my truck later, even though trying to cross
> Apache Trail/Ellsworth on bike is akin to vehicular suicide.  :)  But I
> wouldn't ride to work (32 miles one-way), I have to draw the line somewhere.
>
> Brian
> Team A.I.

Jim Scotti
Lunar & Planetary Laboratory