[Az-Geocaching] What to do if you find a travel bug in a cache that has not yet been logged into that cache? Answer here

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:26:04 -0700 (MST)

Ken,

These are very good instructions, thanks for making it clear.

Let's just hope that the geocacher who hopped on the plane to Japan
(in your example) isn't TOO disappointed that he/she doesn't get a
chance to "drop" the TB into the cache, a part of their history with
the TB, when they finally get to their computer!

The point I am trying to make is that, if it a recent drop off, maybe
wait a day or two to log it, or email the previous person and wait a
day or two for the answer....just in case it is a matter of a delay in
computer access. This is probably a minority of cases, but it does
happen. Then if you get no answer, your (Ken's) instructions for
logging the bug work great.

I've been in the situation of a delay in computer access (between
Prescott and Reno) and I know I would have been upset if someone
"snagged the TB out of my hands" before I had a chance to log it
properly.

Just a couple pennies,
Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott