[Az-Geocaching] Re: Az-Geocaching digest- inaccurate stats.

Andrew Ayre listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 14:27:36 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0002_01C35F4B.8BB4E560

The UK equivalent of azgeocaching.com, geocacheuk.com, also suffers from
problems like this as they have to resort to scanning and processing GPX
files, etc. I wish that geocaching.com would allow local sites like
azgeocaching.com and geocacheuk.com some kind of back door limited access to
the database so that more reliable data may be obtained. For example, they
could allow access to cache data in only a specific area (AZ and the UK for
my examples) and missing the coordinates and cache descriptions. However, I
understand that that does not make business sense for geocaching.com to do.
And remember, geocaching.com is a business.

Andy