[Az-Geocaching] Re: New Numbering System?

Scott Sparks listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 21:18:08 -0700

>I must not be looking in the right place, because I don't see the change that Scott mentions...
>
>Tim
>Team AZFastFeet

About an hour and a half after I posted that question to the listserv
(and also e-mailed the admins at GEOCACHING.COM) everything was back to
normal.  And no, I hadn't been drinking anything. ;-)   My guess is,
they (the geocaching gods) were testing their upcoming  software changes
and have since returned them to normal.  Some of the "new" waypoint
numbers had alphabetic characters well outside the range of hexadecimal.
 I specifically remember a "Q" in one of them.  In fact, I have a
printout in front of me of the '"A" Mountain Cache'  that has a waypoint
of  GCN7!  I printed it at 1:22 PM 4/22/03.

-- Sprocket